servers, it implements the Hauppauge
protocols and performs media retrieval and offloading to a transcoding
server as required.
The core protocol implementation was always available as a library, but
came with a server as well. Sometime in 2006/2007 it was split off into
a separate package.
- Event driven control - supporting multiple clients
- Support for multiple levels of the Hauppauge protocol
- Externalised event loop handling for event loop independence (I use
libevent for my servers, but the gtk/qt loops should work as well)
- Externalised configuration handling (so not bound to any config file
- Application controllable booting methods (eg give a different dongle
to a particular client, veto booting of a client)
- Pluggable media retrieval methods (eg, http, file, vdr...)
- Centralised logging
Are available from sourceforge.
Latest code is available in the libmvp module in CVS.
libmvp depends on some external projects: ImageMagick, libid3tag (or taglib),
libxml2 for complete support of a VLC transcoding server.
- Whatever itch strikes me...
16/12/2007 Contact: dom /at/
/dot/ org /dot/ uk